The April 2010 issue of Better Nutrition Magazine, available for free at all of our registers, featured winners of the magazine’s third-annual Better Nutrition Best of Natural Beauty Awards. Of the 58 picks, we carry 18 in our stores! Learn more about the winning products that we carry below or click here to read the full article.
“Our picks for this year’s Best of Natural Beauty Awards combine the best of what’s happening in the world of natural personal care – pure, simple ingredients expertly infused with innovative, effective ingredients.”
2. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion, unscented, is our pick for an everyday hand and body moisturizer—keep one at home and another bottle at the office.
9. Our favorite all-around pain relief cream, Boiron Arnicare Arnica Cream, works fast on pulled muscles, aches, sprains, strains, bruises, and other injuries. It’s also great for massages!
10. It’s no surprise that Burt’s Bees Natural Skin Care for Men Shave Cream is a health food store best seller—this cream features chamomile, calendula, and linden and a clean, fresh scent (ladies: treat the man in your life to a blissful shave).
12. Looking for an alternative to expensive (and toxic) department store antiaging face creams? You’ll want to try derma-e DMAE — Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Crème, which tones and tightens skin via potent antioxidants.
13. The scent alone will entice you to try Desert Essence Organics Coconut Conditioner (it smells like a tropical island). But it’s the silky, shiny results you’ll get after using this incredibly moisturizing conditioner that will make you a die-hard fan—fast!
14. No doubt about it, using Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads daily helps keep your complexion clear. Perfect for travel or to toss in your gym bag for a mini postworkout facial.
16. For oily or combination skin, we love Earth Science Clarifying Facial Wash, a foaming oil-free cleanser packed with skin-friendly ingredients, including cucumber, lavender, hyaluronic acid, sea kelp, and rosemary.
18. Emerita Personal Moisturizer offers relief for one of the most common problems in menopausal-age women: vaginal dryness. The water-based, nutrient-rich formula (no mineral oil or parabens) can be used as needed.
25. We love the whole line of Home Health products, but there’s something extra special about Goji Berry Facial Cream, an antiaging formula with goji berries, hyaluronic acid, retinol, and organic herbs. The light, skin-softening cream works great on all complexion types.
37. Nature’s Answer PerioWash Alcohol-Free Mouthwash in Winter Mint was formulated by a dentist and contains everything you need for healthy teeth and gums, including CoQ10.
38. Fresh and fruity, Nature’s Gate Pomegranate Sunflower Hair Defense Shampoo, for color-treated hair, is loaded with antioxidants that actually help prevent color fading.
39. Nelson’s Pure & Clear is a unique homeopathic skin care line featuring blemish-fighting sulfur and skin-healing herbs. The line includes Purifying Cleansing Wash, Balancing Toner, Nourishing Moisturizer, and Acne Treatment Gel.
42. Boost your skin’s appearance with Pangea Organics Himalayan Geranium & Pomegranate Balancing Oil, which smells like a botanical garden and is rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Great for all skin types.
44. With glycerin, panthenol, and shea butter, ShiKai Color Reflect Daily Moisture Conditioner truly makes hair soft, shiny, and manageable. It works to extend the life of hair color and contains UV filters to protect from breakage and frizziness.
47. Stay dry, fresh, and sweet smelling with TCCD International Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal. We like that it contains aloe to make it extra-soothing after a close shave. It contains no harmful aluminums, plus it’s hypoallergenic and fragrance-free.
51. With the taste and texture of a fruit smoothie, Barlean’s Strawberry Banana Omega Swirl Flax Oil is one of the yummiest ways to take your essential omega-3, a “good” fat that contributes to luminous skin and shiny hair. Take 1 tablespoon every day, or mix it into juice, yogurt, oatmeal, etc.
52. Brittle nails and sallow, sagging skin begone! BioSil ch-OSA replenishes your body’s “beauty proteins” including collagen, keratin, and elastin, known to “plump” skin, smooth wrinkles, and strengthen hair and nails.
58. Think beauty is an inside job? More than 14 vitamins and minerals, plus MSM, silicon, and herbs work from within to nourish and strengthen in Natural Factors Hair, Skin & Nails Super Nutrient Formula.
Click here for product pictures and the full article from Better Nutrition.