One of the top New Year’s Resolutions for most people is to lose weight. It could be 5 pounds or 50 pounds. Whatever your goal is, often the hardest part is figuring out what works for you & your lifestyle – a diet, a cleanse, exercise, supplements, meal replacements, cutting carbs? The list of options goes on and on. Below are a few tips & tricks that should work for everyone.
– Drink More Water: Drinking two 8-ounce glasses of water before breakfast, lunch, and dinner will help you cut back on portions, lose weight & keep it off.
– Get More Sleep: Not only does inadequate sleep hinder weight loss, it also amplifies the effects of life stress, interferes with memory and problem solving, depresses mood and makes you feel older than you really are.
– Exercise Five Days a Week: The American Heart Association recommends healthy adults get 30 minutes of moderately intense cardio five days a week, but notes that to lose weight or maintain weight loss, 60 to 90 minutes of physical activity may be necessary. Try walking, swimming, biking or tennis.
– Eat An Apple Before Lunch: Fiber is your friend! According to USA Today, research showed that people who ate an apple fifteen minutes before lunch consumed 190 fewer calories than those who did not eat apples.
– Use Smaller Plates: We’ve all heard the saying “Your eyes are bigger than your stomach.” A smaller plate will fill up fast & help with portion control.
– Cut Out Processed Foods: These are foods that have been altered in some way, usually by adding saturated fat, trans fats, sugar, salt, preservatives, and synthetic chemicals. Author Michael Pollan has an easy rule for this one, “Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” Fruit, vegetables and whole grains are usually a safe bet.
Do you have a healthy weight loss tip or trick that helps you lose weight & keep it off? COMMENT BELOW & ENTER TO WIN a 3-MONTH SUPPLY OF SLIMSTYLES PGX ULTRA MATRIX PLUS (Over $100 Value!). This natural dietary supplement supports healthy weight loss, blood sugar & cholesterol, reduces food cravings, lowers the glycemic index of meals & is safe and stimulant free! Find details on PGX here. Enter today & we’ll announce a winner on Monday, January 31!
*Many of us at Native Sun will be using PGX come next Monday when the 2011 Native Sun Staff Weight Loss Competition kicks off! More on that next week 🙂
THANK YOU TO EVEYRONE WHO COMMENTED, THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER. CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER, CYNTHIA!