The St. Johns Riverkeeper is a privately-funded, independent and trusted voice for the St. Johns River and the public to whom it belongs. Its mission is to work on behalf of the community for clean and healthy waters in the St. Johns River, its tributaries and its wetlands, through citizen-based advocacy.
The Riverkeeper accomplishes its mission by:
– Patrolling the river on a regular basis in our St. Johns Riverkeeper boat
– Investigating pollution problems and demanding accountability
– Ensuring that our environmental laws and regulations are implemented and enforced
– Advocating for sensible solutions and necessary policy changes to better protect the St. Johns
– Educating the public about the St. Johns River and the issues impacting its health – Developing high quality educational resources and programs
– Providing frequent opportunities for students and the general public to experience the river through boat trips and field trips
– Informing, involving, and engaging our members and the community in the efforts to protect and restore the river’s health
– Participating in the public policy decision-making process to represent the interests of the river, our members, and the public
– Working with citizens to effectively resolve problems impacting the river in their neighborhoods and communities.
Sip & Support: Sweetwater Brewery + St. Johns Riverkeeper Social!
Join us Thursday, March 24 from 5:30 – 7:30pm at our Baymeadows location. Donate $5 to the St. Johns Riverkeeper and enjoy free samples of Sweetwater‘s Blue, IPA and 420 Extra Pale Ale brews while you meet and mingle with other locals. You’ll also be entered to win great prizes! More details coming soon.